Chettinad Super Speciality Hospital comprises of a dedicated team of doctors, nurses, & paramedical professionals.
Our medical technologies & high-quality treatments provide preventive and curative healthcare solutions.
Dr. S. BABU KUMAR
Head and Chief - Department of Medical Gastroenterology
QualificationMBBS, MD (Gen. Med.), DM (Gastro.)
Field of ExpertiseUpper & Lower GI Endoscopic Procedures and ERCP.
Awards & Achievements
- Dr Babukumar is the Head and Chief of Chettinad Superspeciality hospital’s Gastroenterology department and also an Associate Professor of Medical Gastroenterology since 2012. He has over 14 years of clinical expertise and is known for his unparalleled skills.
- His vast knowledge and competence can be attributed to his Alma mater- Coimbatore Govt. Medical College where he completed his MBBS and MD in 2005 and Kilpauk Medical College where he completed his DM in 2011.
- He has also previously been a part of several teaching hospitals such as SRM and Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College and hospital, contributing to his excellent communication skills and his undying passion to propagate knowledge.
- He is also internationally acclaimed for his research articles and case reports and has published various of his works such as ‘Correlation of severity of chronic liver disease and pulmonary dysfunction – a bed side assessment’ and ‘Two dimensional speckle tracking echocardiographic abnormalities in chronic liver disease & its correlation using model for end stage liver disease (MELD) score’ in the International Journal of Scientific Research. He is a professional member of the Indian Medical Association (IMA) and the Indian Society of Gastroenterology (ISG).
- He plays a vital role in the hospital and in nurturing future gastroenterologists. The department of Medical Gastroenterology (MGE) thus owes its popularity to him.