Chettinad Super Speciality Hospital comprises of a dedicated team of doctors, nurses, & paramedical professionals.
Our medical technologies & high-quality treatments provide preventive and curative healthcare solutions.
Head and Chief - Department of General Surgery
QualificationMBBS, MS (Gen. Surgery), FMAS, FIAGES
Field of ExpertiseEmergency traumas, laparoscopic surgeries, minimal interventional surgeries.
Awards & Achievements
- Dr Abhilash is the Head and Chief of the General Surgery department at Chettinad Superspeciality Hospital since 2016. He has over a decade of conventional and revolutionary surgical expertise.
- He completed his Undergraduation from the famous Sri Ramachandra Medical College and his Postgraduation from Mahatma Gandhi Medical College in Pondicherry where he later went on to work at.
- He has an illustrious career and underwent specialized laparoscopy training. He is highly experienced in performing laparoscopic surgeries like Cholecystectomy, Appendicectomy, adhesiolysis, ventral hernia repairs, Inguinal hernia repairs like TEP & TAPP, Gynaecological surgeries etc.. He is highly skilled in the use of various gastro-intestinal staplers.
- To his credit, Dr Abhilash also has several research works and case reports such as ‘Management of a patient with situs inversus totalis with acute cholecystitis and common bile duct stones: A case report’ published in the International journal of surgery case reports and various other journals.
- He is a member of several teams that perform highly precise surgeries in ‘Surgical Gastroenterology’, ‘Liver Transplant’ and ‘Surgical Oncology’. He is widely known for his highly precise clinical and surgical expertise, his empathetic demeanor, communication skills with patients and his passion toward his work.