Chettinad Super Speciality Hospital comprises of a dedicated team of doctors, nurses, & paramedical professionals.
Our medical technologies & high-quality treatments provide preventive and curative healthcare solutions.
Head and Chief- Chettinad Institute of Liver Sciences (CILS)
QualificationMBBS, DNB (Gen.Surg.), Fellowship in Liver Transplant & Hepatobiliary & Pancreatic surgery (Medanta-Delhi).
Field of ExpertiseHepatobiliary and Pancreatic Transplant, Laparoscopic GI Surgeries.
Awards & Achievements
- Dr Karthik Mathivanan is the Head and Chief of Chettinad Institute of Liver Sciences (CILS). He is an internationally recognised liver and multi visceral organ transplant surgeon in India, well known for his impeccable skills and unparalleled experience in conducting both high risk and complex transplantation surgeries.
- Acquainted with years of experience from some of the biggest healthcare providers such as Apollo and Medanta, which has the world’s second largest liver transplant program, his expertise remains unparalleled. Having been an integral team member in over 1500 successful live liver donor transplants he has constantly proven his mettle.
- He is also widely known in various districts in the Southern regions of Tamil Nadu, where he conducts numerous free medical camps on a regular basis. In addition to this, he also partners with well known crowd funding platforms such as MILAAP to financially assist a large number of paediatric patients from low social economic backgrounds, who need a transplant.
- Over his incumbency as a transplant surgeon, he has positively impacted many adult and paediatric patients by giving them a new lease of life.
- Driven by a strong passion, accurate precision and timely interventions, and the transplant success rates produced by the CILS team under his leadership is second to none.