Chettinad Super Speciality Hospital comprises of a dedicated team of doctors, nurses, & paramedical professionals.
Our medical technologies & high-quality treatments provide preventive and curative healthcare solutions.
Head and Chief - Department of Cardiology
QualificationMBBS, MD, DNB (CARDIOLOGY)
Field of ExpertiseCoronary & Structural Heart Disease Interventions, Device Closures, Transthoracic and Transesophageal ECHO, Temporary pacemaker implantation, Angiograms
Awards & Achievements
- Dr Chokkalingam is the Head and Chief of the Interventional Cardiology team at Chettinad Superspeciality Hospital and Professor & HOD of the Cardiology department since 2009. With over 15 years of speciality experience, his expertise and intellect is unparalleled.
- He has an illustrious career that commenced post his meritorious completion of Undergraduation and Postgraduation from the renowned Madurai Medical College. Following this, he went on to pursue his DNB in Cardiology from the well known Dr KM Cherian Heart Foundation.
- He has a notable career history at Chettinad, having flawlessly performed almost 10,000 angiograms, 2000 angioplasties, 250 pediatric interventions such as PDA device & coil closure, ASD device closure & CoA stenting and several other highly precise procedures such as permanent pacemaker implantations and Peripheral Interventions such as renal & peripheral stenting.
- In 2012, He won the Dr Natesa Pandian Award for best case in All India Annual Echo Conference. He is an internationally acclaimed researcher with over 20 national and international research publications and presentations to his credit. He is a co investigator in two current trials namely ‘DXV 405 Nephric Trial’ and ‘Plato’. He is instrumental in training upcoming cardiologists and inspiring them to be the best in their field.
- With his vast clinical and theoretical knowledge and proficiency, Dr Chokkalingam plays a crucial role in the success of the Cardiology team.