Chettinad Super Speciality Hospital comprises of a dedicated team of doctors, nurses, & paramedical professionals.
Our medical technologies & high-quality treatments provide preventive and curative healthcare solutions.
Head and Chief - Department of Andrology and Reproductive Medicine
QualificationMBBS, DGO, MD, MNAMS, Post Doctoral Fellowship Training in Andrology and Reproductive Sciences (UK).
Field of ExpertiseAndrology and Reproductive Medicine, IVF.
Awards & Achievements
- Dr Pandiyan is the Head and Chief of Chettinad’s Andrology and Reproductive Medicine team since 2007. With over 40years of experience, he is one of Chettinad’s senior most consultants. He is also considered as one of the only 10 gynaecologists in the world who is trained in medical, surgical and assisted reproductive technology (A.R.T).
- Educated in the prestigious Madras Medical College, he emerged as the University topper during his DGO and MD and as the national topper during his MNAMS. In addition to this, Dr Pandiyan also went on to become a post-doctoral research fellow at the University of Nottingham following the receipt of the ‘Commonwealth Scholarship’ for the same.
- He holds registration not only with the Tamil Nadu Medical Council, but also with the General Medical Council in the UK, the Srilankan Medical Council and the Brunei Medical councils. He also worked previously with the Jerudong Medical Centre in Brunei and in Apollo hospitals where he was instrumental in establishing the reproductive medicine and IVF departments.
- He has been interviewed several times by BBC London in programs such as ‘Science in Action’ and this has been aired globally. He also has several other internationally recognized achievements under his name such as - Opening of the first semen bank in India (1988), first IVF twins with frozen spermatozoa in Asia (1992), first world report on cryopreservation of epididymal spermatozoa (1993), Life Time Achievement Award from the TN Dr MGR Medical University and establishment of Chettinad’s medical journal to name a few.
- Credited with over 50 internationally reviewed research publications and over 300 paper presentations in national and international conferences, He is also instrumental in guiding upcoming doctors and allied health professionals in the field of Andrology and IVF for over 30 years.
- With his level of experience and expertise, he is an irreplaceable asset not only to the hospital, but also globally.