Chettinad Super Speciality Hospital comprises of a dedicated team of doctors, nurses, & paramedical professionals.
Our medical technologies & high-quality treatments provide preventive and curative healthcare solutions.
Senior Consultant - Department of Andrology and Reproductive Medicine
QualificationMBBS, Post Graduate Diploma in Health Sciences in Medical Cosmetology, DNB (OBG), Fellowship in Clinical Andrology and Reproductive Medicine
Field of ExpertiseInfertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Awards & Achievements
- Dr Puvithra is a Senior Consultant in the department of Andrology and Reproductive medicine at Chettinad Superspeciality Hospital since 2016. She has over 11 years of expertise and is well known for her clinical knowledge and skills.
- She completed her Under graduation and Post graduation from the well known Annamalai University and went on to do an Internship at the prestigious Christian Medical College (CMC) in Vellore. In 2016, she also completed a Fellowship in Clinical Andrology and Reproductive medicine under the eminent Dr Pandiyan Natarajan at Chettinad Hospital and Research Institute where she passed out with a distinction.
- She is highly meritorious and has received the Chellammal Saravana Mudaliar prize – for highest marks in Ophthalmology in 2005, the Padmashri Seerkazhi Govindarajan prize for excellence in fine arts in 2008 and has won the first prize in the free Paper presentation at Chet Int Fert Col in 2015.
- She is an active participant in Continuing Medical Education programs conducted in various regions nationally. She has been the resource person, guest speaker and key speaker in various seminars and CMEs, and been the Chair person at the Endocrine Update - Endocrine Society of Tamilnadu & Puducherry) held on 2nd December 2018 and at the CHET INT FERTI COL in 2019 on ‘Modeling the Earliest events of Human pregnancy in the Lab’ alongside Prof.Dr.Danny Schust, University of Missouri, USA.
- Her patient interactive interview on ‘Mayakkam Enna’ on ‘Kalaignar TV’ on common infertility and reproductive medicine topics was recently aired globally. She was also elected as the Vice President of International Fertility Research Foundation (IFReF) this year. She is well-known for her impeccable treatment standards, her patient-centric approach and her exceptional communication skills. She is also a fundamental team member in the department and is instrumental in training future embryologists.