Chettinad Super Speciality Hospital comprises of a dedicated team of doctors, nurses, & paramedical professionals.
Our medical technologies & high-quality treatments provide preventive and curative healthcare solutions.
DR. SANJAY THEODORE
Head and Chief - Department of Cardiovascular and Cardiothoracic Surgery
QualificationMBBS, MS (GEN. SURGERY), M.Ch. (Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery), Fellowship in Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery (Melbourne)
Field of ExpertiseCoronary Artery Bypass Graft, Aneurysm repair, Valve surgeries, Paediatric and Adult Cardiothoracic and Vascular surgeries.
Awards & Achievements
- Dr Sanjay is the Head and Chief of the Cardiovascular and Cardio-Thoracic Surgery department at Chettinad Super Speciality Hospital since 2014. He is one of our Seniormost Consultants and has over two decades of vast clinical knowledge and expertise in this field.
- He has an impressive educational background and has completed his Undergraduation from the notable Christian Medical College, CMC Vellore and his Postgraduation from the renowned Stanley Medical College. He then went on to complete his specialization studies in Cardiovascular and Cardio-thoracic surgery from Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute in Kerala where he won the ‘B Braun Scholarship’ for his outstanding performance and a further Fellowship in the same from the Royal Melbourne Hospital in Victoria, Australia.
- He is accredited with immaculately performing over 350 cardiothoracic surgeries every year at Chettinad and is hailed as one of the best in this field. He is known for performing minimally invasive and highly complex Cardiothoracic surgeries with great precision, strong passion and adept hand skills.
- He is highly regarded for his teaching skills and has been instrumental in mentoring upcoming Cardiothoracic surgeons and technicians. He is well known for his numerous research works such as ‘Late Thoracic Aortic Dissecting Aneurysm Following Balloon Angioplasty for Recoarctation After Subclavian Flap Aortoplasty in Childhood- Successful Surgical Repair Under Circulatory Arrest’ which have been published in National and International journals. He has presented several of his research papers and case reports in conferences worldwide and won awards in these.
- He has an affinity towards sports and athletics and won accolades for this. Some of his notable achievements include the ‘Reeve Betts Medal’ awarded by CMC Vellore for being the best outgoing sportsman. He is a key organising member of several continuing medical education conferences and workshops such as the ‘Chetcardiocon’, ‘BLS Workshop’ and ‘Perfusion Workshop’ to name a few.
- With his matchless clinical proficiency, theoretical intellect and his surgical prowess, Dr Sanjay remains one of the most famous, valued and revered Surgeons at Chettinad.