Chettinad Super Speciality Hospital comprises of a dedicated team of doctors, nurses, & paramedical professionals.
Our medical technologies & high-quality treatments provide preventive and curative healthcare solutions.
DR. V. G. RAMESH
Head and Chief - Department of Neurosurgery
QualificationMBBS, MCh (Neurosurgery), DNB (Gen. Surgery.), FICS, FMMC
Field of ExpertiseMicro Neurosurgery, Spinal Surgery, Paediatric Neurosurgery, Neuro-Oncology.
Awards & Achievements
- Dr Ramesh is the Head and Chief of Chettinad Superspeciality’s Neurosurgery team and a Professor in this department since 2012. With over 35 years of expertise, he is one of our seniormost consultants.
- He was educated in Coimbatore and Madras Medical Colleges, both of which are considered to produce the highest standard of doctors. He also briefly trained in Micro- Neurosurgery in Japan and in AIIMS (Delhi). He also previously held positions in prestigious institutions such as MMC, Chengalpattu Medical College, King Khalid hospital (Saudi Arabia) and Stanley Medical College.
- He was awarded the ‘Best Doctor Award’ at King Khalid Hospital and also the Dr. Jawahar Memorial Oration in Madurai Medical College and the Dr. Rajagopal Memorial Oration in Thanjavur Medical College. He is also an Examiner for MCh (Neurosurgery) at various universities such as Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad and University of Calicut. He is also a member of the University boards at TN Dr MGR Medical University and Chettinad University.
- He is also well known globally for his research work and has over 23 international publications, 94 citations and 10 indexed articles. Additionally, he is a reviewer and an editorial board member for over 10 medical journals. He has also chaired several national and international conferences.
- He is well known for his ardent passion toward his patients, his extensive knowledge and his outstanding surgical outcomes.